Possibility of combining routes

10 posts
Possibility of combining routes
« on: Tuesday 21 August, 2018, 03:20:29 »
Hello.

Been a member for a little over a year, but have not posted. (Bad!) Sorry.

Someone was able to combine all of the Munich routes, all of the Hamburg routes, and almost all of the Northeast Corridor routes (New York City-Philadelphia has a different point of origin, so unfortunately that could not be included).

I was wondering if it was possible to combine some of the available Netherlands routes. I noticed that the IJssel Line, Heart of the Netherlands, and East Netherlands routes all include Arnhem Station and stations around Arnhem. If they all have the same point of origin (or maybe if they are relatively accurate), it could be done.

(Idea for the future) Also, while looking at a map of the NS network, I noticed that if the sections between Schiphol Airport and Bruekelen, and between Amsterdam Central and Hilversum (and if need be, Duivendrect, Diemen Zuid, and Amsterdam Amstel) The Northwest Netherlands route can be brought in as well.

TreinPunt.NL Moderator
Scenario bouwer en veel meer
638 posts
Re: Possibility of combining routes
« Reply #1 on: Tuesday 21 August, 2018, 12:42:51 »
Older Dutch routes like 't Gooi and Heart of the Netherlands don't have the correct coordinates.
So merging them with other routes will not be possible.

Merging newer routes, like IJssel line and East Netherlands, should be possible in theory.
Although TS being 32 bit might be a problem.

But someone will have to do it and I don't think the original builders will ;)

It is an interesting concept with 64 bit TS around the corner.

10 posts
« Reply #2 on: Wednesday 22 August, 2018, 04:36:38 »
Ah, well. Just a thought. Hopefully DTG makes it possible to change the point of origin without redoing the whole route. The person who combined all those routes mentioned that in order to change the point of origin, you have to build the route from scratch.

TreinPunt.NL Administrator
6.246 posts
« Reply #3 on: Wednesday 22 August, 2018, 08:31:47 »
Welcome to the forum!

As mentioned by Remko the problems to combine Dutch routes are the RAM struggle (hopefully solved within the next update) and the willingness of the creators.
Just an example is the "Heart of the Netherlands" route by Trainsxp. Great route but cut off recently in order to reduce RAM and to make more people able to play this route.

Probably if someone offers to combine routes the creators will cooperate but the DTG community and Dutch community are not comparable. The baseline of DTG content is equal but Dutch routes are created by several authors and almost everything is provided as freeware. Every author has his own tactics and style.

I think it will be difficult to reach the same as the Munich routes.
« Last Edit: Wednesday 22 August, 2018, 09:47:26 by etienne123 »
"De moeilijkheid is niet om geld te verdienen, maar om het te verdienen met iets wat de moeite waard is om je leven aan te wijden."