Please help me in obtaining Dutch routes and scenarios.

Stoomlocomotief
27 posts
Please help me in obtaining Dutch routes and scenarios.
« on: Saturday 21 April, 2018, 01:56:57 »
I am a senior citizen in the US.  I have enjoyed train simulators from MSTS, RailWorks, Train Simulator and TSW. I am not familiar with  creating routes and scenarios. These seem to be available at this site.  I have wanted dutch routes for many years.  I did not know where they could be found.  (I don't understand why Dovetail Games does not provide any). I am familiar with installing .rwp files.  I did some back in Railworks and the early TS programs. Can someone please help me to navigate this site and obtain some Dutch routes and scenarios.  I have many Chris Trains locomotives but can only run them on German routes.
I discovered dutch routes on YouTube.  I really enjoyed:

Amsterdam Centraal - Den Helder     https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ygv05EDpkFI
Amsterdam Centraal  with NS ICM     https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yuWZpD892WM
Amsterdam Centraal - Hoofddorp with NS DD-AR https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ds-kaCF0mEI

Can someone please help me to obtain these or similar routes and scenarios.
Thank You.

Hondekop
150 posts
Re: Please help me in obtaining Dutch routes and scenarios.
« Reply #1 on: Saturday 21 April, 2018, 07:34:16 »
The route in that youtube video you can find here: https://www.treinpunt.nl/forum/downloads/?sa=details;lid=7058

Other routes you can find here: https://www.treinpunt.nl/forum/downloads/?sa=list;id=1108

Most of them have an english readme file with them.

Stoomlocomotief
27 posts
« Reply #2 on: Sunday 22 April, 2018, 20:47:40 »
I thank you for your reply.  I will download these and follow the readme.  I will return with my results.  Thanks again!

Stoomlocomotief
27 posts
« Reply #3 on: Monday 23 April, 2018, 00:21:47 »
I went to the first link that you suggested, to download the "Noordwest Nederland route V5.  I was instructed to install V4 first.  I downloaded the V4 and tried to install the .rwp.  I keep getting the attached error message.  Any suggestions?

Hogesnelheidstrein
1.026 posts
« Reply #4 on: Monday 23 April, 2018, 00:42:49 »
This is a known issue, but shouldn´t be problem for using the route.

By the way; The ICM from the video and some more Dutch trains are available here: www.christrains.com

Stoomlocomotief
27 posts
« Reply #5 on: Monday 23 April, 2018, 11:18:42 »
I cannot install "Noordwest Nederland"  V4 because of the above error message.  Are you saying that I do not need V4?   Should I only install V5?

Hogesnelheidstrein
2.357 posts
« Reply #6 on: Monday 23 April, 2018, 11:26:44 »
You must first install version 4 because of missing objects in version 5

There is a problem with version 4 file but with 7zip you can unpack the .rwp and install it in railworks

Stoomlocomotief
27 posts
« Reply #7 on: Tuesday 24 April, 2018, 19:16:34 »
When I use 7z to unpack the download, I get a folder that contains this route file: 3ae6760f-bed5-4d1a-9b90-33736335ff14.
I do not get another .rwp file.  Is there a way that I can install this root file?

Offline HSL
TreinPunt.NL Innovatieteam
Hondekop
167 posts
« Reply #8 on: Tuesday 24 April, 2018, 19:23:34 »
Yes the 3ae6760f-bed5-4d1a-9b90-33736335ff14 is the folder that you should copy in the content/routes folder.

If you wait there is a new version coming up where hopefully all problems are solved.

Stoomlocomotief
27 posts
« Reply #9 on: Tuesday 24 April, 2018, 19:38:06 »
I also get a Assets folder.  Should I do something with this?

Offline HSL
Hondekop
167 posts
« Reply #10 on: Tuesday 24 April, 2018, 19:39:25 »
Assets folder should be copied in the assets folder of ur TS2018. this contains the objects

Intercity
636 posts
« Reply #11 on: Tuesday 24 April, 2018, 19:58:11 »
Assets folder should be copied in the assets folder of ur TS2018. this contains the objects

Weet je dat zeker? Assets folder should be copied into the railworks folder of TS2018.

Stoomlocomotief
27 posts
« Reply #12 on: Tuesday 24 April, 2018, 20:05:35 »
I will paste the 3ae6760f-bed5-4d1a-9b90-33736335ff14 folder into the content/route folder.

I will paste the four folders which are contained inside of the Assets folder into the railworks/assets folder.

If you say this is correct, I will return with my results.  I believe I should see the "Noordwest Nederland V4 route when I open TS2018.  After that I will install V5.

Hogesnelheidstrein
5.154 posts
« Reply #13 on: Tuesday 24 April, 2018, 22:48:56 »
Thats correct.

It's usually better to install a .rwp fiels by unzipping it manually anyway.
Basicly the contents of a .rrwp should be extracted to the main railworks folder and they end up oké.

Stoomlocomotief
27 posts
« Reply #14 on: Thursday 26 April, 2018, 02:30:31 »
I have installed the Noordwest Nederland V4.  All scenarios are not working yet because I still have to find the dependencies listed in the readme.  I shall work on this and return with my results in a few days.  After I get V4 working, I will install V5.  Thanks to all of you for your help and advice.  I shall return.

Intercity
Twitch Streamer
Let's drive some trains!
865 posts
« Reply #15 on: Thursday 26 April, 2018, 10:01:42 »
The included scenario's are not all functioning in this version since it came with a lot of scenario's for previous versions which were not updated.

The current scenario's listed here (https://www.treinpunt.nl/forum/downloads/?sa=list;id=1301) since the release of v5 (20 March 2017) should work with it.
Treinpunt Administrator
De downloads worden bekeken en behandeld door het team. Bij afkeuring altijd een PB.
Vragen over downloads? Stuur het team een PB!

Te vinden op Twitch (Za/Zo, 19:30u).
Meer informatie op http://www.robjansen.info

TreinPunt.NL Moderator
Intercity
Scenario bouwer, lua scripter en veel meer
784 posts
« Reply #16 on: Thursday 26 April, 2018, 10:20:07 »
A lot of scenarios that come with v4 aren't working because they were made for older versions of the route. Same goes for scenarios in v5. The creator of the route hasn't sanitised the scenarios that come with the different versions.

I wouldn't put too much time in solving problems with these scenarios. Also I know there are scenarios that use trains that can't be downloaded anymore. If you install v5 and download more recent scenarios from this website then you should be fine.

Offline HSL
Hondekop
167 posts
« Reply #17 on: Thursday 26 April, 2018, 10:21:24 »
Most of the scenario's should be working fine, the creator promised to solve the scenario issues in the next version.

Stoomlocomotief
27 posts
« Reply #18 on: Thursday 26 April, 2018, 12:58:02 »
Thanks to you all.  I will investigate and return in a few days with my results.

Stoomlocomotief
27 posts
« Reply #19 on: Saturday 28 April, 2018, 23:23:38 »
I have installed Noordwest Nederland V5 and have been able to run some of the scenarios good.  Half of the scenarios do not open.  The scenarios that open are missing the trackside signals, the speed limit signs, the support for the overhead wires (which are suspended in the air), and at some points the trackbed is suspended in the air.  I've installed all assets that I could obtain.  Any ideas where I can fine the above missing items? 

Offline HSL
Hondekop
167 posts
« Reply #20 on: Sunday 29 April, 2018, 00:13:47 »
Are the assets only missing in some scenarios or everywhere

Stoomlocomotief
27 posts
« Reply #21 on: Sunday 29 April, 2018, 00:44:54 »
They are missing in all of the V5 scenarios that I am able to open.

Hogesnelheidstrein
1.026 posts
« Reply #22 on: Sunday 29 April, 2018, 01:30:40 »
Then you didn't download all the assets, needed for this route. Track signals, speed limit signs and dikes are from, if I am right, from coha. It can be found at forum.coha.nl

Stoomlocomotief
27 posts
« Reply #23 on: Monday 30 April, 2018, 16:25:27 »
Then you didn't download all the assets, needed for this route. Track signals, speed limit signs and dikes are from, if I am right, from coha. It can be found at forum.coha.nl
I registered with  forum.coha.nl on 4/28.  I am still waiting to be accepted.  I will return after I acquire the needed assets.  Would they also have the supports for the overhead wires?

TreinPunt.NL Moderator
Intercity
Scenario bouwer, lua scripter en veel meer
784 posts
« Reply #24 on: Monday 30 April, 2018, 17:06:41 »
Registration can take a while because of the weekend. It's done manually.

Stoomlocomotief
27 posts
« Reply #25 on: Thursday 03 May, 2018, 17:34:29 »
I have installed the signal download from forum.coha.nl and they look good.  The overhead wires are still suspended above with no supports.  I did not see them at the forum.  Does anyone know where I can find this?  The route is Northwest Nederland V5.

Hondekop
158 posts
« Reply #26 on: Thursday 03 May, 2018, 18:14:44 »
Those supports can be downloaded here if i am not mistaken: http://www.dutch-classics.nl/index_en.html

Stoomlocomotief
27 posts
« Reply #27 on: Friday 04 May, 2018, 04:48:39 »
I have installed DS20000_Bovenleidingportalen.rwp and  RW_1656_NewCatanary.rwp but I still have no supports for the overhead wires.  Any other suggestions?

Stoomlocomotief
27 posts
« Reply #29 on: Saturday 05 May, 2018, 00:22:27 »
Hey, it worked! now the route looks realistic.  I thank all for their help.  I have one final question (I think).  The Noordwest Nederland route does not appear in Quick Drive.  Is there a way to make this  happen?