How to find a scenario

26 posts
How to find a scenario
« on: Sunday 28 May, 2017, 20:48:41 »
Hi

I have problem. If i have made a scenario. My own scenario. If i want to share the scenario. how can i find it? In Assets or where?   

TreinPunt.NL Administrator
6.105 posts
Re: How to find a scenario
« Reply #1 on: Sunday 28 May, 2017, 20:58:40 »
Hi!

You could create a .rwp file trough using the utilities.exe file, included in your Railworks installation folder (?:/program files (86)/steam/steamapps/common/railworks/).
Thereafter you need the option "package".

We're looking forward to see your scenario :)

Best regards,
Etienne
"De moeilijkheid is niet om geld te verdienen, maar om het te verdienen met iets wat de moeite waard is om je leven aan te wijden."

Asset developer
Objectenbouwer
1.674 posts
« Reply #2 on: Sunday 28 May, 2017, 21:17:09 »
C:/Program files (86)/Steam/Steamapps/Common/Railworks/Content/Routes/youreroute/ scenarios

;)

26 posts
« Reply #3 on: Sunday 28 May, 2017, 21:54:13 »
i can only see a lots of numbers in the routes folder. from different routes and scenario. there is not a folder with my scenario.

how can i make the file to rwp. i need the source or a path :)

TreinPunt.NL Administrator
6.105 posts
« Reply #4 on: Sunday 28 May, 2017, 22:09:54 »
i can only see a lots of numbers in the routes folder. from different routes and scenario. there is not a folder with my scenario.

how can i make the file to rwp. i need the source or a path :)

By following this steps:

Hi!

You could create a .rwp file trough using the utilities.exe file, included in your Railworks installation folder (?:/program files (86)/steam/steamapps/common/railworks/).
Thereafter you need the option "package".

We're looking forward to see your scenario :)

Best regards,
Etienne

26 posts
« Reply #5 on: Sunday 28 May, 2017, 22:16:43 »
thanks

But how can i find it with out using utilities and in content or assets?

Someone have a picture or something :)

TreinPunt.NL Downloadmanager
Let's drive some trains!
552 posts
« Reply #6 on: Monday 29 May, 2017, 09:51:57 »
Package a Scenario option 1 --> RWP
See the image included in the post on how to package a scenario in a RWP file  (Package.png)

Open Utilities.exe from you're main RailWorks Folder (eg:  \Steam\Steamapps\common\RailWorks)
Go to the Packager tab and then click Refresh. Note: This may take a while depending on how big your RailWorks is.

Then:

On the left screen open up \Routes with the + symbol and then open the route folder on which you have made you're scenario, it is noted on the filename.
Note: Routes that are packaged in .AP file or have a missing  .XML file specifying the name it will show up as a bunch of numbers and letters.  To know which folder you will need to open, see "Knipsel.png" where in the blue box on the right the numbers and letters match.

Then open up ''Scenarios'' and press the tick box (1) on your scenario.
Press the button labeled >>> (2) to move it into the right box, this contains all the files in the scenario, including all other files you have made such as HTML files or WAVE files.
Then just input your name in Package Info (3), select a license, protected or unprotected, doesn't matter in this case and finally click on Create Package and give it a name.
That's it, you now have created a RWP file for you're scenario.

=====
Package a Scenario option 2 --> ZIP
See the image included in the post on how to package a scenario in a ZIP file (Knipsel.png > Knipsel2.png > Knipsel3.png)

Start you're Train Simulator and go to the BUILD screen.
Select the Scenarios tab and then browse to the route you have made it on and select the scenario you have made.
On the right side click on Open (see Knipsel.png).

This opens up you're Windows Explorer in the correct folder (Knipsel2.png).
Then just go up 1 folder (click on Scenarios) and then right-click to open the context menu on that folder.  Go to ''Copy to... (Kopieren naar...)  (see Knipsel3.png) and select ''Compressed ZIP folder (Gecomprimeerde (gezipte) map)''.

Now you have a ZIP file  in that folder, that is you're scenario.
Ik bekijk en keur uw downloads goed of af (altijd PM). Heb je vragen? PM mij.

Te vinden op Twitch (Di/Za/Zo, 19:30).
Voor meer informatie, zie mijn website.

26 posts
« Reply #7 on: Monday 29 May, 2017, 14:39:15 »
Thanx i found it now.

I am making some danish scenarios the a danish route. Will it be possible to upload on this site under Denmark ? Maybe later some German and Dutch scenario. But i need some more experience :)

Thanx for respons