Coha boards

Blokkendoos
Frans fictive route bouwer
81 posts
Coha boards
« on: Wednesday 02 January, 2019, 23:23:51 »
Hello,
First, What means all these signs?

Second, how works "cijferboards" ? I write the number of cars, I have only 100 in vertical and horizontal
i do fictive routes because i am too imaginative...

Hogesnelheidstrein
5.139 posts
Re: Coha boards
« Reply #1 on: Thursday 03 January, 2019, 00:24:15 »
They all come in a set of 3.
From left to right:
- First one is used infornt of pre signals. Sign with on strip firts, then you pass th eone with 2 and finally the one with 3. Placed about 60 meters apart. 60meters before signal.
- Second one are reflector poles. They are placed infornt of normal signals. In the same way the first one is palced efore presignals.
- Yellow one is special, for if the braking distance to the signal is shorter than usual.
- Next is a keeperbaken. This basicly replaces a pre-signal. Tells the driver to expect stop at the next signal. Max 40kmh
- Last one is placed in fornt of P-signal of the last signal was a normal signal.

Blokkendoos
81 posts
« Reply #2 on: Friday 04 January, 2019, 09:25:59 »
They all come in a set of 3.
From left to right:
- First one is used infornt of pre signals. Sign with on strip firts, then you pass th eone with 2 and finally the one with 3. Placed about 60 meters apart. 60meters before signal.
- Second one are reflector poles. They are placed infornt of normal signals. In the same way the first one is palced efore presignals.
- Yellow one is special, for if the braking distance to the signal is shorter than usual.
- Next is a keeperbaken. This basicly replaces a pre-signal. Tells the driver to expect stop at the next signal. Max 40kmh
- Last one is placed in fornt of P-signal of the last signal was a normal signal.
The last black with white stripes is for announcing the last P-signal of the section with normals signals? And, P-signals are signals than we can't cross if there are a red light. But, if there are a normal signal, you can cross the red light under 10kmh

TreinPunt.NL Vriend
Hogesnelheidstrein
1.295 posts
« Reply #3 on: Friday 04 January, 2019, 12:22:19 »
The last one the "white"sign with the "black" Strips not the other way around ;)

is the Keperbaken:

as far as i know this is not used on a mainlines it forces you to slow down and drive 40km/h
there are 3 of them 50meters apart , with te last one being 50m before you actualy need to go 40km/h
3 stripes
2 stripes
1 stripe and triangle sign on top

Coha has a great manual with explanations about almost all of the signals !

P-signals als more Passive , they represent a Block , Red light always mean stop !
these signals are found on track without any switches or other intersections ,
if the signal is Yellow or Red it means there is a train in front of you in the Next block and there can never be 2 trains in 1 block !
where the yellow tells you the next signal is Red, 
« Last Edit: Friday 04 January, 2019, 12:28:32 by leonhearth »

toon je waardeering met een donatie ! ( vrijblijvend ! ) : http://nl.dreamordonate.com/dromen/ts2016-zw-nl

Blokkendoos
81 posts
« Reply #4 on: Friday 11 January, 2019, 21:20:11 »
If I have understood:
-First white black stripes, there are three separed of 50 meters
-Seconds is same, but reflector
-Third is same, but when the distance is smaller
-Fourth, are keeperbaken, for slow to 40km/h
-Fifth, I don't have almost understood
-P-signal is the equivalent of non passable (non franchissable) signals in France SNCF
-Green speed board is a reference speed limit. It's the first speed limit of the line?
« Last Edit: Friday 11 January, 2019, 21:27:19 by narchalucas »

Hogesnelheidstrein
2.309 posts
« Reply #5 on: Friday 11 January, 2019, 22:07:28 »
All these signs are mostly positioned 50 meters (1 line), 100m (2 lines) and 150m (3 lines) from a signal.
The white signs with the black diagonal lines are used to tell the driver a distant signal is coming up.

The 'Reflector' is used for regular signals and most 'P' signals.

'P' signals are used on the mainline, where no switches are used. These signals will automatically go back to green when the path ahead is clear.

So when you are approaching the last 'P' signal the 'Reflector S' is used:

As you can see in the screenshot above, the 'P' signal is followed by a regular signal, because there is a switch behind it. In this case the 'Reflector S' sign is used.

The yellow sign with black diagonal lines is used when the next signal is in front of a dangerous part of the line, like a movable bridge:

The signal right in front if this dangerous part is also equipped with a special plate indicating this. This plate can be placed onto the signal by adding the letter 'G' to the second box in the signal properties:

I can't really explain the keeper baken, these are not really used on modern railway lines, so I never used them.

Speed signs are like this:
 - Yellow sign: slow down to given speed before the next white speed sign is reached.
 - White sign: Maximum speed that is allowed behind that sign.
 - Green sign: These were used when the speedlimit is raised to the maximum line speed (If i'm correct). However, as far as I know these are no longer placed new and are even slowly being replaced by the white variant, as they both show the maximum allowed speed limit.

For the 'cijferborden': You have to restart the route editor to see the correct number, after you filled it in.

I hope this clears things up a bit for you.

Blokkendoos
81 posts
« Reply #6 on: Friday 11 January, 2019, 23:04:23 »
Perfect! Thanks for your precises and simple explications.  :)
And my last question, how to use cijferboards? When I pu for example the number 8, I have this

Hogesnelheidstrein
5.139 posts
« Reply #7 on: Saturday 12 January, 2019, 23:46:49 »
Best way to explain keeperbaken is to see it as a yellow signal, it has the nearly the exact same meaning.
An example of it's use was a single track line running into a dead end station with a single track. On top of the bufferstop is a sign (white with red bar) which is equal to a red signal, meanign stop. Infront of this a keeperbaken could be used instead of a signal which will always show yellow.
As far as I know this is't used anymore, or being replaced because a maintenance train ran straight off the end of a line trough a building. At time of this accident there were 20 places were this signal was used accorind to the report.
Picture of how it is placed:

« Last Edit: Saturday 12 January, 2019, 23:59:25 by jor[D]1 »

Blokkendoos
81 posts
« Reply #8 on: Wednesday 13 February, 2019, 23:51:58 »
How to add a P board on a signal? I know for three stripes, it's the letter "G" but for P signal, I put "P" and it doesn't works.

TreinPunt.NL Vriend
Hogesnelheidstrein
De trein!!
1.763 posts
« Reply #9 on: Saturday 16 February, 2019, 22:03:59 »
Use the P-signal from the list, not a normal one. P-signs will not appear when the signal is placed but will be there when you restart the route in the route editor. This is a bug in Train Simulator.
Volg me op mijn Twitch Kanaal en abonneer je op mijn YouTube kanaal!

Blokkendoos
81 posts
« Reply #10 on: Monday 18 February, 2019, 16:19:09 »
Use the P-signal from the list, not a normal one. P-signs will not appear when the signal is placed but will be there when you restart the route in the route editor. This is a bug in Train Simulator.

Yes, it is AYg L/R DP P

Blokkendoos
81 posts
« Reply #11 on: Wednesday 06 March, 2019, 23:26:02 »
Hi,
now I have understood what means all boards all signals.
but I don't understand how to use a signal with a lighted number (speed limit prevent)
I put all arrows for each track, and set speed limit on tracks and signal. Perfect, when I cross the signal, it's limited to 40 kmh.
but why I don't have speed limit on signal?
I just have a green light and the next a blinking green light.