ICRmh wagons + BR186 - WIP

Rolling stock developer
Choo choo!
1.840 posts
Re: ICRmh wagons + BR186 - WIP
« Reply #270 on: Sunday 11 February, 2018, 22:20:54 »
There will be a paint template, yes.
The coding right now only allows the voltage to be changed when the engine is standing still. I can probably hook it to the pantograph control. Let me check with the driver who is helping me out.
Het maken van de modellen is eenvoudig. Typen in het Nederlands? Dan moet je raden wat ik probeer te zeggen

56 posts
« Reply #271 on: Sunday 11 February, 2018, 23:53:51 »
The coding right now only allows the voltage to be changed when the engine is standing still.

Okay, is it possible to change the voltage when the locomotive is rolling and standing still? Nearly all voltage changes are done with the locomotive still rolling.
A video showing a change of voltage while rolling: https://youtu.be/IhM9rHSZOqE, your driver can tell you more about it.

Rolling stock developer
Choo choo!
1.840 posts
« Reply #272 on: Monday 12 February, 2018, 00:00:27 »
I can adjust the logic for this, yes.

TreinPunt.NL Moderator
Scenario bouwer en veel meer
654 posts
« Reply #273 on: Monday 12 February, 2018, 10:51:23 »
The coding right now only allows the voltage to be changed when the engine is standing still.
Okay, is it possible to change the voltage when the locomotive is rolling and standing still? Nearly all voltage changes are done with the locomotive still rolling.
A video showing a change of voltage while rolling: https://youtu.be/IhM9rHSZOqE, your driver can tell you more about it.
I can adjust the logic for this, yes.

That would be a great feature!

Most realistic without making it too complicated would be being able to change voltage only when pantographs are set to down position (which also would automatically turn off the main circuit breaker).
Then after de voltage has been changed you'd activate the pantographs and main circuit breaker again and continue your journey.

It's turning out to become a project that can easily measure itself to vR's expert-line and Steam's Pro Range locos :D
Because of that I think you need to create a shortcut key to startup the loco automatically so the simple drivers among us can enjoy driving it just as much.
« Last Edit: Monday 12 February, 2018, 11:17:42 by RemkoH »

67 posts
« Reply #274 on: Monday 12 February, 2018, 14:05:39 »
Changing voltage procedure would be nice when riding your BR186 in the route HSL.

Rolling stock developer
Choo choo!
1.840 posts
« Reply #275 on: Monday 12 February, 2018, 15:20:55 »
For the simple startup - yes - I hadn't thought of that but I can add something. The engine actually defaults to "everything on" so for everyday drivers, it's easy to get in and drive.
The pantograph logic - yes - I will alter that tonight as I've had a conversation with my driver so I know the process now.

TreinPunt.NL Moderator
654 posts
« Reply #276 on: Monday 12 February, 2018, 16:29:07 »
For the simple startup - yes - I hadn't thought of that but I can add something. The engine actually defaults to "everything on" so for everyday drivers, it's easy to get in and drive.

As a fan of more advanced locos I would prefer that the engine defaults to "everything off" with the ability to use an automatic startup procedure for the everyday drivers.
Early vR expert-line locos use ctrl+z for automatic startup and RWA Railjet uses ctrl+shift+z. Both without safety systems being turned on.

1 posts
« Reply #277 on: Monday 12 February, 2018, 16:51:26 »
Dit gaat een geweldige add-on worden!
Cymru am Byth! - Wales voor altijd!

Rolling stock developer
Choo choo!
1.840 posts
« Reply #278 on: Monday 12 February, 2018, 17:44:28 »
The problem is for quickdrive, if I default everything to "off", 99.9% of players wouldn't be able to drive and my inbox would melt with emails :D

TreinPunt.NL Downloadmanager
1.042 posts
« Reply #279 on: Monday 12 February, 2018, 18:17:29 »
First of all, WOW, this is already more than I could have ever made it, amazing work!

I've got some points to consider though:

Maybe a parameter in the loco number could be used to toggle the startup state to cold & dark, defaulting to full on? Like that I think you can satisfy both the aspects.

Also I noticed that on high beams there are 2 sets of headlights on, I believe it should be just one set, could be wrong though. You can see one switching from low to high and back here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1hX5DBOtLkc (not my vid)

Again, amazing work!

Rolling stock developer
Choo choo!
1.840 posts
« Reply #280 on: Monday 12 February, 2018, 18:42:00 »
I'll double check that - thanks :)

35 posts
« Reply #281 on: Monday 12 February, 2018, 19:25:38 »
 :) Voor mij: Standaard simpel is beter dan een opstart procedure, in de meeste gevallen is dat ook bij de meeste payware loks zo, net als chris opmerkt anders haken veel mensen misschien af,  en de 1e keer wil je gelijk rijden tenminste ik wel..
De extra mogelijkheid met opstart is natuurlijk geweldig, maar helaas lezen de meeste mensen de readme files niet en dus krijg je een berg mail op de site over hoe start ik hem op of hij doet het niet.

grt ..Pieter

TreinPunt.NL Moderator
654 posts
« Reply #282 on: Monday 12 February, 2018, 23:50:34 »
The problem is for quickdrive, if I default everything to "off", 99.9% of players wouldn't be able to drive and my inbox would melt with emails :D

I hadn't thought about that  ::)

Maybe a parameter in the loco number could be used to toggle the startup state to cold & dark, defaulting to full on? Like that I think you can satisfy both the aspects.

That would be an alternative that can satisfy all I think  :D

847 posts
« Reply #283 on: Tuesday 13 February, 2018, 00:07:20 »
It looks wonderful Chris! Only thing I´m missing with changing voltage, is the Acknowledge button "E" after choosing the right voltage, instead of going back to the main screen, like you did in the preview.

Rolling stock developer
Choo choo!
1.840 posts
« Reply #284 on: Tuesday 13 February, 2018, 00:58:21 »
I'll see what I can do.

TreinPunt.NL Administrator
Let's drive some trains!
694 posts
« Reply #285 on: Tuesday 13 February, 2018, 10:21:32 »
Indeed, the preview is very nice and all the details are great. Can't wait to drive it around on the routes  :D

As an addition to what has been said above:

Virtual RailRoads have their loco started up when you load a Quick Drive and a scenario by default.
You can set in the train number a variable so that the train starts 'cold' and you need to start it up (everything off, phantograph down and such).

You can then either use CTRL+Z to use automatic startup. It locks the controls and starts the procedure such as turning on the battery, lights. Selecting the right pantograph.
Safety Systems are not started up since not everyone wants to drive with it.
Or you can manually startup everything by switching on buttons or pressing the keyboard.

If you could include those options people don't need to fill your inbox. Most people and scenario's use the 'warm' feature so you can just drive.
And you also would do a great favor for people who like to start-up the loco from scratch for the true 'Expert Line' (on Steam it's called the 'Proline' by vR).
Just be sure you mention the correct start-up procedure in the manual  ;)

Ofcourse you need to decide yourself for what you want in the product.
But as time progresses and especially that more and more people almost expect advanced loco's as this comes in line with what vR is making with their loco's (and they do compare it), it is a good option to include the above so that people who want to just install, select and drive have fun with it and who like a challenge are both made happy.

I know I certainly will on whatever option you choose to implement.
If it is a matter of price, you can bump it up a bit more, since if the quality of the product is good, people will buy it (and advanced loco's are a bit more expensive on Steam if you compare).
« Last Edit: Tuesday 13 February, 2018, 10:32:47 by Rob Jansen »
Treinpunt Administrator
De downloads worden bekeken en behandeld door het team. Bij afkeuring altijd een PB.
Vragen over downloads? Stuur het team een PB!

Te vinden op Twitch (Za/Zo, 19:30u).
Meer informatie op http://www.robjansen.info

Rolling stock developer
Choo choo!
1.840 posts
« Reply #286 on: Tuesday 13 February, 2018, 14:58:58 »
I will look at this as an option for sure.
Last night I was able to change the center touch screen so the "e" button is now used to confirm the selection of voltage and/or safety system. Also the voltage changeover can now be done while moving as long as you do the correct procedure.

Machinist bij NMBS
392 posts
« Reply #287 on: Tuesday 13 February, 2018, 16:21:53 »
Hi Chris!

First of all I have to say you are doing a very good job on the Traxx 186 so far, I am really looking forward to drive it around!
As you have said you are trying to implement a replica of the ETCS safety system, wich is in my eyes really fantastic as it can't be found on any train in the simulator yet.
Now, I had a question about this as I am in my professional life a train driver for the Belgian company NMBS with knowledge of TBL1+ (The belgian ATB, wich also would be cool to see implemented in the far future) and ETCS. You showed us you can manually select safety systems, but what about automaticly changing systems? Like you are driving on a classic ATB line and you change to a High Speed line with ETCS, will it be possible to let it change without touching the screen? (Like you make a special object linked to the track just like the germans did with LZB start and LZB end, so it switches from LZB to PZB or vice versa)

I have to say I don't know a lot about scripting and the difficulty off the scripts, so I can't judge how easy or difficult it is to make something like that. What you do in the end is completly up to you!

Keep up the good work!

Rolling stock developer
Choo choo!
1.840 posts
« Reply #288 on: Tuesday 13 February, 2018, 16:48:43 »
Swapping the safety system via script could be done, yes. It would need an object placed in the tracks. For v1.0 I am just trying to get the basics done though :)

Rolling stock developer
Choo choo!
1.840 posts
« Reply #289 on: Wednesday 14 February, 2018, 02:08:50 »
Suc6 met een ontwikkelling. Je kan nu een paar extra cijfers in de wagon code plaatsen. Een cijfer is 0/1 - loc aan of uit. Dus je kan een scenario maken met een 'koud' loc bij het begin. De andere cijfer geeft de spanning, dus bij voorbeeld je kan een loc in een scenario plaatsen met een default NL 25kV spanning - dus met de juiste stroomafnemers enz.

Morgen een CTRL-Z "auto start" functie ....

TreinPunt.NL Moderator
654 posts
« Reply #290 on: Wednesday 14 February, 2018, 02:13:35 »
Awesome! Advanced to the max! This will be a masterpiece  :D

Also nice to see how you involve the dutch community into this project so it can evolve to these levels  ;D
« Last Edit: Wednesday 14 February, 2018, 09:34:24 by RemkoH »

Route creator
voorheen jes-r
182 posts
« Reply #291 on: Wednesday 14 February, 2018, 08:10:17 »
Dit wordt echt weer een meesterwerk!!  :D

Route creator
Krammerdijks Deltaland
396 posts
« Reply #292 on: Wednesday 14 February, 2018, 11:44:51 »
Dat is zowel voor de spelerstrein als AI treinen geweldig nieuws  ;D

TreinPunt.NL Vriend
Mcn Cxx Valleilijn
417 posts
« Reply #293 on: Wednesday 14 February, 2018, 14:24:12 »
Klinkt allemaal bijzonder goed. We hebben de hype met zijn allen goed te pakken vrees ik. Keep up the good work! 8)
Het is allemaal niet makkelijk. Maar samen komen we er wel. 8)

Studeerd voor ICT/JavaScripting
43 posts
« Reply #294 on: Wednesday 14 February, 2018, 15:49:35 »
Will there be a QD option like the other trains or is it only available for Scenario's
Dimitri den Besten

JustDimitriGames

Rolling stock developer
Choo choo!
1.840 posts
« Reply #295 on: Wednesday 14 February, 2018, 17:01:52 »
Yep - there will be QD consists.

131 posts
« Reply #296 on: Wednesday 14 February, 2018, 18:10:50 »
This train just keeps getting better, it's like the Expert Line loco's that Virtual Railroads make.

The sounds are amazing, it looks amazing, i can't wait for the release.

keep up the great work!  ;D

Rolling stock developer
Choo choo!
1.840 posts
« Reply #297 on: Saturday 17 February, 2018, 23:41:57 »
Preview nummer 2 - alweer in engels en nederlands :)
https://youtu.be/cZg433cWLFg

847 posts
« Reply #298 on: Sunday 18 February, 2018, 00:24:32 »
Very nice update Chris!

Just one thing. 15kV and 25kV are Alternating Current. In the left screen the bar changes to 30kV limit, but above it, the DC doesn´t change to AC.  ;)

2 posts
« Reply #299 on: Sunday 18 February, 2018, 13:00:51 »
Great work Chris

Will it be possible to turn lights inside the wagons on/off?